PHOTO SHOOT FOR FINAL IMAGE
The photo shoot took place in Sheffield outside my friends house, we decided that as the final film was a journey around Sheffield outside, we decided that the photo shoot could also be done outside to link the two together. Hannah's friend Chloe was the model and we thought that she fit the description of how we wanted the model to look extremely well.
Hannah let her know in advance that we wanted her to have naturally looking make up as well as natural hair, and the types of clothing which we were interested in styling her in. The clothing included baggy trousers, ankle length skirts, blouses and brogue type shoes to fit the Northern Soul feel. Below are the initial styling photo's before the photo shoot began.

Hannah let her know in advance that we wanted her to have naturally looking make up as well as natural hair, and the types of clothing which we were interested in styling her in. The clothing included baggy trousers, ankle length skirts, blouses and brogue type shoes to fit the Northern Soul feel. Below are the initial styling photo's before the photo shoot began.

I think that with these looks, she fit the part extremely well. We also informed her on the types of poses and types of photographs we were aiming to obtain through this process, so she had a clear understanding of how to act. Below are some of the final photographs.
I think the outcomes of the photo shoot are fairly good and I think they do represent the theme of Northern Soul well. The eye contact in some of the photos, particularly the ones where Chloe is lying down works well and really connects the audience with the protagonist. I also really like the more blurred ones, I think that these really get the Northern Soul theme across, as the blurred / low shutter speed shots connote movement; something which is a huge part of Northern Soul. The lighting is almost strobe like which I think can also link to club nights and the lighting used at those.
I think the shots and the angles and how they were framed went extremely well. There were a few lighting issues, such as on the 'blurred' ones, Hannah used a iPhone torch to help light the shot as the flash from the DSLR used was far too bright and couldn't capture it well, however I still think the outcome was well executed.









Comments
Post a Comment